No Paws in the Water

This is a place for me to share my gluten-free dining experiences. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Eating Gluten-Free in Boston - PF Changs

PF Changs
Cuisine: Chinese
Various locations in Boston
http://www.pfchangs.com/cuisine/menu/GlutenIntolerantMenu.pdf

The first few times I went to PF Changs in Boston I thought it was extremely good, but then it lost its appeal and eventually I stopped going.

I recently learned of their gluten-free menu options which I was very happy about! Gluten-free Chinese food isn't an easy thing to come by since so many dishes include soy sauce, so I thought "hallelujah!"

I have gone for dinner two times at the same location, and each time did not have a favorable experience. I do not know if the food I ate contained gluten, or that the other ingredients did not sit well with me, but I will most likely not go back.

I also don't quite understand why a restaurant that prides itself on having a gluten-free menu gives everyone non-gluten-free fortune cookies for dessert. When I wrote to the restaurant chain inquiring about this, they sent a very nice response saying that they could mail me a box of gluten-free fortune cookies. While that was a very nice offer, they should have these cookies AT the restaurants!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

i went to PF Changs again, and had a much better experience. This time I had the gluten-free lettuce wraps and the singapore street noodles without problems. Woohoo!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home